Thursday, June 25, 2009

Alcohol - pros and cons

I finished exams yesterday so celebrated by having too much to drink, which led me to think about the pros and cons of alcohol in terms of trying to lose weight.

Cons:
Reduces will power: In addition to having too much to drink last night I also ate far too much.
Calories: Alcohol has quite a lot of calories, and because they are drunk rather than eaten, you don't feel like you have had that many calories.

Pros:
If you are like me, and a "one-shot wonder" (i.e. get drunk pretty quickly), it can have some pros:
Makes it a lot easier to throw-up. After coming home from the work dinner last night (where I had far too much to eat), I didn't even have to force myself to throw up.

However, I put on .3 kg between yesterday and today, which in my book means the cons outweigh the pros.

No comments:

Post a Comment